Earn bonus interest on savings between £25,000 - £1 million
Why choose a Premium Saver account?
- Earn a monthly bonus interest on savings between £25,000 - £1 million when you leave your balance untouched
- Open your account online in 10 minutes
- Exclusively available for our current account customers, aged 16 years and over.
In detail: Premium Saver
What's the interest rate?
No withdrawals made in month: bonus condition is met
Withdrawals made in month: bonus condition is not met
Can NatWest International change the interest rate?
How much interest could I earn?
Estimated balance after 12 months, based on a range of deposits
No withdrawals made in any month: bonus condition is met
One withdrawal of £50 made each month: bonus condition is not met for the whole year
How do I open and manage my account?
- You must be aged 16 years or over to open an account.
- You can only have one Premium Saver Account in your sole name, and only one Premium Saver Account in joint names with another person.
- You can open your account in branch or online and manage your account in branch, online, by telephone and on the mobile app.
- No minimum deposit is required to open the account; you do not need to pay money in on a regular basis; and there is no maximum balance limit.
- However, to earn the bonus rate of interest in each monthly bonus period, your account balance must be between £25,000 - £1,000,000 and you must not make any withdrawals in that month.
Can I withdraw money?
Yes, Premium Saver is an instant access savings account which means that you can access your money at any time. However if you make one or more withdrawals in a monthly bonus period, you will not earn the bonus for that month and your interest rate will be lower for that period.
You can withdraw money:
- in branch
- by transfer to any other account based in the UK (online, via telephone or the mobile app)
There are daily limits on the amount you can transfer from your account online, by telephone or mobile banking. You can find out the current daily limits on this website or by contacting telephone banking.
Watch your savings grow
With Round Ups, pay with your debit card or contactless device and we'll round up the amount to the nearest pound, sending the spare change to your savings account.
Rounding up to the nearest pound might not sound like much however the pennies soon add up. Criteria apply.
AER: Stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. It shows you what the rate would be if the interest was paid and compounded each year.
Gross Rate: This means the interest rate you are paid without deduction of income tax.
p.a.: Per annum (per year).
Ready to apply?
Before you apply, we've outlined the eligibility requirements for the account below, along with our terms and conditions to make sure it's the right account for you. If you're happy, we'll run through a few quick questions to make your application as easy as possible.
You can apply for a Premium Saver account if you are:
- aged 16+, and
- resident in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Gibraltar (you must be an existing customer with us if you are resident in Gibraltar), and
- an existing NatWest International current account holder