Register for online banking
Online banking available to customers aged 11+ with a NatWest International account.
Getting started with online banking
Watch our quick video for step by step instructions and you could be up and running in less than 5 minutes. Registering for online banking also registers you for our telephone banking service.
To register you'll need
- Your name and date of birth.
- Your NatWest International account number and sort code. You can get these details on your statements, cheque book or paying in book.
If you have a debit card, entering your 16-digit card number can help you get access to online banking faster however not having it won't stop you registering.
If we have a valid mobile number for you, we'll send you an activation code by text, if you don't we'll need to send you one by post which takes longer.
How to register for online banking
Most of our customers can register for online banking using our online application form however if you are resident in one of the following countries, you are required to complete a pdf application form:
The application form contains information on how to complete and return the document. For customers with only a Cash Management account, there may be a delay in processing your application.
- Visit the online banking registration webpage
- Let us know if you are a Personal or Business customer. Business customers will need to contact their Relationship Manager to register.
- Enter your personal details.
- We’ll show you your customer number on screen. Make a note of it as you’ll need it when you log in the future.
- We'll then send you an activation code in a text message or, if we don’t have your phone number, we’ll send it by post.
- Go to the NatWest International website and click ‘Log in’ in the top right-hand corner, have your activation code to hand.
- On the log in page, type in your customer number and you'll be prompted to input your activation code.
- Now you need to choose a password and PIN and commit them to memory. The PIN should be four digits long and your password can be between six and twenty characters, and contain both letters and numbers.
That's it, you've registered for online banking.