The legal detail
Personal terms & fees
Non-personal terms & fees
- Non-personal terms (for accounts opened after 10 Dec 2019) (PDF, 106 KB)
- Non-personal terms (for accounts opened before 10 Dec 2019) (PDF, 105 KB)
- Business Banking Account Charges (PDF, 50 KB)
- Corporate & Commercial Account Charges (PDF, 65 KB)
- Our privacy notice summary (PDF, 56 KB)
- eQ terms (PDF, 144 KB)
- High Value Payments Amounts and Notices (PDF, 103 KB)
Website terms & conditions
This website is owned and maintained by The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited trading as NatWest International ("us", "we" or "NatWest International"), which is part of The NatWest Group ("NatWest Group"). The use of this website is subject to the following Terms that you should read carefully. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, please do not use this website.
In addition, all of our products and services have their own Terms. If you are considering applying for any of our products or services, please read these first. We make these available by at least one of the following methods:
- by clicking the link on the relevant pages of this website;
- in our branches; or
- on request from us.
These should be read together with the following website Terms. However if there is any conflict between the two, the Terms for the particular product or service will prevail.
Use of website
1. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the information, including information based on statutes or other legislative or regulatory instruments, given in this website is up to date, it is not possible to guarantee that this is the case and so we shall not be liable for any loss resulting from reliance upon such information.
2. Levels and bases of tax referred to in this website are those applying under legislation in force at the time of writing the relevant article. These levels and bases may change, and the availability and value of any tax relief will depend on your individual circumstances. In providing this information we are not acting as tax advisers and we strongly recommend that you seek independent professional advice in appropriate circumstances. We shall not be liable for any loss resulting from reliance upon this information.
3. To the extent that statements contained in this website are based on information provided by third parties we shall not be liable for any loss resulting from reliance upon those statements.
4. Unless specifically stated otherwise, graphs and figures used are for illustrative and information purposes only and are not based on past or projected performance. They in no way represent projections of the anticipated or expected performance of relevant products.
5. This website is designed to be accessed through its principal home pages and such other pages as we may decide. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information that is relevant to information on this website. You will be referred on certain site pages to read "Legal Information". This will contain important details and relevant legal or regulatory information and should be read in conjunction with the relevant site pages.
Exclusion of liability
6. These 'Exclusion of Liability' provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this website. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the 'Exclusion of Liability' clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
7. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under applicable laws, regulations and any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with.
8. While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials are appropriate or available for use in any jurisdiction where we provide our services. If you use this website from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
9. We accept no liability (including without limitation) in either contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website or if the website is unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
- economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings);
- loss of goodwill or reputation;
- special, incidental, consequential loss or damage, suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with your use of this website and these terms and conditions.
10. Access to and use of this website is at the user's own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
11. To provide increased value to users of this website, we may provide links to other websites or resources (that are not part of the The NatWest Group) for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
12. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you to the extent that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages.vant site pages.
13. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this website without our prior written consent is prohibited unless for personal use only.
14. This website contains numerous trade marks belonging to National Westminster Bank Plc and other companies in the NatWest Group and are used by permission. These trade marks include, but are not limited to, the National Westminster Bank Plc THREE CHEVRONS logo, NatWest International and Select. If you are in doubt as to whether an item is a trade mark of National Westminster Bank Plc or a member of the NatWest Group, please contact us for clarification at the registered office address below.
15. The contents of this website do not purport to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this website shall be deemed to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. In particular but without limitation, unless we expressly agree in writing, we do not hold ourselves out as providing advice on the suitability of accounts, products or services for you.
Changes to this website
16. The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification. Additionally NatWest International shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the website or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
17. Calls may be recorded.
18. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, NatWest International reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domain. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
19. If you are not satisfied with any of our products or services, we have a complaints procedure that you can use. A leaflet, giving details of the procedure, is available from your branch upon request.
20. The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the law of Jersey and any dispute regarding this website or arising as a result of the use of this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Royal Court of Jersey.
21. The access to and issue, publication, distribution, duplication or other dissemination of all or part of any of the material contained on this site is restricted by law and / or regulation in certain jurisdictions. We therefore strongly recommend that persons accessing this site inform themselves about such restrictions in order that they may observe and comply with them.
22. The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited trading as NatWest International (NatWest International ). Registered Office: Royal Bank House, 71 Bath Street, St. Helier, Jersey JE4 8PJ. Tel. 01534 282850. Regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
23. Guernsey business address: Royal Bank Place, 1 Glategny Esplanade, St. Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 4BQ. Tel. 01481 703860. Regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission and licensed under the Banking Supervision (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 1994, as amended, the Insurance Managers and Insurance Intermediaries (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2002, and the Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 1987, as amended.
24. Isle of Man business address: 2 Athol Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 1AN. Tel. 01624 637190. Licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority in respect of Deposit Taking, Investment Business and registered as a General Insurance Intermediary.
25. NatWest International is the registered business name of The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited under the Business Names Registration Act. Gibraltar business address: National Westminster House, 57 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar. Tel. 200 77737 or 200 73200. Regulated and authorised by the Financial Services Commission, Gibraltar to undertake Banking and Investment Business from 55 and 57 Line Wall Road.
26. NatWest International is a member of NatWest Group. NatWest Group plc - Registered in Scotland No 45551. Registered office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB. The latest report and accounts are available at www.investors.natwestgroup.com. NatWest International places funds with other parts of NatWest Group and thus its financial standing is linked to the Group. Depositors may wish to form their own view on the financial standing of NatWest International and the Group based on publicly available information. The latest report and accounts are available at www. natwestinternational.com/financial-results.
Our supervisory authority: If you are a UK resident, The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit activities it conducts in the UK. We are registered in Jersey and we are regulated by the Jersey authorities as a bank. Because we are an overseas firm, in some respects, the regulatory system applying will be different from that of the United Kingdom. If you are a non-UK resident, the relevant supervisory authority is shown above.
27. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure as information might be intercepted, lost or destroyed. Please do not e-mail any account or other confidential information.
28. Our services are not offered to any person in any jurisdiction where their advertisement, offer or sale is restricted or prohibited by law or regulation or where we are not appropriately licensed.
29. Some of the products and services described in this website may not be available in Gibraltar.
At NatWest International we seek to understand all of our customers' financial needs and provide a full banking service. Therefore, in order to apply for a mortgage you must hold or open a current account with us. The main applicant’s salary must be paid into an account with NatWest International throughout the mortgage term, or, if earlier until retirement.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
Over 18's only. Security required.
YOU SHOULD CHECK THAT EQUITY RELEASE AND BULLET REPAYMENT MORTGAGES WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS IF YOU WANT TO MOVE OR SELL YOUR HOME OR YOU WANT YOUR FAMILY TO INHERIT IT. IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT, SEEK INDEPENDENT ADVICE.
CHANGES IN THE EXCHANGE RATE MAY INCREASE THE STERLING EQUIVALENT OF YOUR DEBT.
Please note that for mortgages with interest payments based upon variable rate terms there is a risk that the total sum payable under your mortgage increases significantly as rates rise.
Mortgages are available for United Kingdom properties in limited circumstances only and are not covered by the majority of the rules and regulations made under the UK Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. This means that the protection of those rules and regulations and of the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme will not be available to borrowers.
Please note that whilst the examples quoted on this site are fictitious, the figures quoted are based on facts and can be fully supported by reference to bank records and / or statistics. Where monthly repayments are reduced by amalgamating debts it may be that those debts are repaid over a longer period and the total amount of interest paid thereon is consequently greater.
For these mortgages this means that the protection of those rules and regulations and of the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme will not be available to borrowers.
You will be made aware at the time of application whether these rules and regulations apply to your circumstances or not.
Mortgages are offered by The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited trading as NatWest International (NatWest International). Mortgages on UK properties may not be available to residents of all countries. Fixed rate mortgages are subject to availability. The Bank reserves the right to withdraw the rates offered without notice.
Loans and overdrafts
Credit facilities are available to over 18s only. Security may be required.
Travel Insurance is administered by Allianz Global Assistance which is a trading name of AWP Assistance UK Ltd, 102 George Street, Croydon CR9 6HD and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register number 311909.
The insurance is underwritten by AWP P&C SA under policy no TRVNGOLD. AWP P&C SA is duly authorised in France and the United Kingdom, and subject to limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority.
If you have a complaint, please contact: The Customer Service Manager, NatWest International Travel Insurance, Allianz Global Assistance, 102 George Street, Croydon CR9 6HD. Tel: 02392 676060. E-mail email@example.com. If you are not satisfied following receipt of your final response, you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London E14 9SR Telephone 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123; Fax 0207 964 1001; www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
Car Rental Loss Damage Waiver & Private Motor Excess Insurance
The Car Rental Loss Damage Waiver Insurance cover together with the Private Motor Excess Insurance is administered by Allianz Global Assistance which is a trading name of AWP Assistance UK Ltd, 102 George Street, Croydon CR9 6HD and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register number 311909.
The Insurance is underwritten by AWP P&C SA under policy numbers NWI - PME and NWI - LDW. AWP P&C SA is duly authorised in France and the United Kingdom, and subject to limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority.
Should you have a complaint about a claim, this should be sent to The Customer Service Manager, NatWest International Insurance, Allianz Global Assistance, 102 George Street, Croydon CR9 6HD.
If You are not satisfied following receipt of a final response, You may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London E14 9SR Telephone 0800 023 4567 and 0300 123 9123; Fax 0207 964 1001; www.financialombudsman.org.uk
Calls may be recorded.
Lifestyle Management & Concierge
Ten Lifestyle Management and Concierge Service (the “Service”) is provided by Ten Lifestyle Management Limited (“Ten”), registered in England and Wales under company number 4688658 and having its registered office at Fitzroy House, 2nd Floor, 355 Euston Road, London, NW1 3AL.
Customers are advised that NatWest International is part of NatWest Group plc ("NatWest Group"). NatWest Group companies in the UK and elsewhere provide support for our online banking service and can access your account data.
Depositor Compensation Schemes
Under the scheme(s) customers are entitled to make only one claim per licensed entity regardless of the number of brands or trading names contained within that licensed entity and customers are entitled to make one claim only per licensed entity in the jurisdiction where the deposits are held.
As NatWest International brand is operated by RBS International it is not licensed in its own right a person with a deposit in NatWest International and a deposit in RBS International would thus only be entitled to make one claim.