Struggling Financially | NatWest International

Concerned man using laptop

Struggling financially

We understand that sometimes people struggle financially. We're here to help.

Struggling financially We're here to help

We understand that sometimes people struggle financially. Bills can pile up and it’s difficult to make ends meet.  It feels scary and you’re tempted to ignore the situation, hoping things will improve.

If you're worried about paying money back, your debt feels like a huge burden because you're spending more than you earn, you're struggling to pay your mortgage/rent/bills or several of your cards are at the maximum credit's time to ask for help.

Things to consider

It’s worth getting together some information before you call anyone to talk about your situation. Most organisations will ask about your income, your household expenses, how much you owe and who you owe it to. If you decide to get further support from a debt charity or organisation, you might need to provide:

  • Salary slips
  • Evidence of tax credits or benefits
  • Utility bills
  • Evidence of other household expenditure
  • Mortgage statements/rent details
  • Bank statements
  • More details about each of your debts
  • Copies of any credit agreements you have

If you have a Relationship Manager, please give them a call. If you don’t have a Relationship Manager, please call:

Collections and Recoveries

01624 646500

From abroad: +44 1624 646500

Calls may be recorded.

Free money advice agencies
A list of free money advice agencies that can offer you help and guidance

Citizens Advice Bureau

Providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice.

Jersey Citizens Advice Bureau

St Paul’s Centre
New Street
St Helier
Jersey, JE2 3WP

Telephone: 0800 735 0249 or (01534) 724942

Guernsey Citizens Advice Bureau

Bridge Avenue
The Bridge
St Sampson’s
Guernsey, GY2 4QS

Telephone: (01481) 242266

Manx Citizens’ Advice Service

Room 3
Promenade Church
Loch Promenade
Isle of Man, IM1 2LY

Telephone: (01624) 626863

Gibraltar Citizens Advice Bureau

10A Governor's Lane

Telephone: (00350) 200 40006

Useful contacts

Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading
Government-run free and confidential advice service.

Telephone: 01624 686510


StepChange Debt Charity
A registered charity whose purpose is to assist people in financial difficulty by providing free, impartial and realistic debt advice.

Telephone: 0800 138 1111 (Freephone)


My Money Steps - National Debtline
A free, confidential online debt advice service.

Telephone: 0808 808 4000 (Freephone)


Debt Advice Foundation
A registered debt advice charity offering free, confidential support and advice.

Telephone: 0800 043 4050 (Callback available on website)

When should I ask for help?

If you can identify with any of these warning signs don’t delay, it’s time to ask for help.

  • You're worried about money and paying back what you owe
  • You're dealing with difficult circumstances which make it harder for you to manage your money
  • You're being contacted about unpaid bills and missed payments
  • Your cards are at the maximum credit limit
  • You're regularly spending more than you earn
  • You're struggling to pay your mortgage, rent, bills or minimum payments on credit cards
  • You can't manage your day to day spending without relying on your credit card
Get in touch

Our fully trained teams have lots of experience with financial difficulty, and we'll take time to understand your individual situation and discuss the options available to help you.

We will need to get an accurate picture of your situation so please have a few details to hand:

  • Your monthly income (including any benefits, overtime, bonuses)
  • Your monthly household spending (including all of your bills and expenses)
  • The amount you owe
  • The number of organisations you owe money to

You'll find most of this information on your bank statements or by looking at your bank account online. If you don't bank with NatWest International, then call your bank as soon as you can.

You might also find it useful to complete our Income and Expenditure form.

If you give us authorisation, we're happy to talk to a relative, friend or debt counselling organisation about your accounts.

If you have a Relationship Manager, please give them a call. If you don’t have a Relationship Manager, please call:

Collections and Recoveries

01624 646500

From abroad: +44 1624 646500

Calls may be recorded.

Set Tab for lightbox