Be the owner, buy to let
To apply you must be 18+ and resident in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Gibraltar. Your home or property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Buy to let mortgages explained
If you’re a landlord, or looking into being a landlord, and you want to buy a property to rent it out then a buy to let (BTL) mortgage is for you. Applying for this type of mortgage is a similar process to a residential mortgage application.
The buy to let process
1. Are you eligible and can you afford it?
We work out the amount you can borrow based on how much rent the property can achieve against the cost of the mortgage. These are our terms:
- A minimum deposit amount that you can confirm using our mortgage calculator
- The property to be worth at least £150,000
- Your borrowing to be less than £3.5 million
- The maximum number of buy to let / investment properties a customer can own, whether mortgaged or unencumbered, is 10 properties.
2. What are your responsibilities as a potential landlord?
You will need to understand technical terms as owners of the property like contracts for tenants, deposit protection and certificates for gas and electricity. These are all required terms to comprehend as landlords and will vary from the Channel Islands, to the Isle of Man and Gibraltar.
Buy to let mortgage options
We have a range of buy to let mortgages that allow you to choose between paying off either capital and interest, or interest only. These options also include either fixed rate or tracker mortgages, with a variety of different terms and interest rates.
Mortgage help and support
Take advantage of our mortgage resources which are here to help you better understand the process, the terms, and our available products.