How we collect, protect and use your information
We are responsible for protecting your personal information as carefully as we protect your money.
This summary explains how we collect and use your personal information to help you and our business.
How we collect your information and what we use it for
Your information helps protect you and us from fraud. It also helps us check it’s really you. We may also ask you to consider using other identification methods like biometrics (your fingerprint or voice).
We need your information to provide you with the right products and services for you, but you have clear rights over what we do with that information. They’re not all included here but you’re able to:
- Get a copy of your personal information
- Ask us to correct or update wrong information
- Ask us to stop using your information in some cases
- Ask for a review of a decision that has been made automatically, like if a loan has been refused
- Stop marketing that uses your personal information
- Make a complaint to our Data Protection Officer (email@example.com) about how we’ve used your personal information. If you're still not happy you can also complain to the Data Protection Authority.
How long we keep your information for
We don’t keep your information for longer than we need to, which is usually up to ten years after you close all your accounts.
Sometimes we need to keep it longer (for example due to an investigation by the police).
How we protect your information
We use many tools to make sure that your information remains confidential at all times and we may monitor or record calls, emails, text messages or other communications in order to protect you and us.