Earn bonus interest on savings between £25,000 - £1 million
Why choose a Premium Saver account?
- Earn a monthly bonus interest on savings between £25,000 - £1 million when you leave your balance untouched
- Open your account online in 10 minutes
- Exclusively available for our current account customers, aged 16 years and over.
In detail: Premium Saver
What's the interest rate?
No withdrawals made in month: bonus condition is met
Withdrawals made in month: bonus condition is not met
Can NatWest International change the interest rate?
How much interest could I earn?
Estimated balance after 12 months, based on a range of deposits
No withdrawals made in any month: bonus condition is met
One withdrawal of £50 made each month: bonus condition is not met for the whole year
How do I open and manage my account?
- You must be aged 16 years or over, and have a current account with us (or apply for one at the same time as opening your savings account), to open a Premium Saver account.
- You can only have one Premium Saver Account in your sole name, and only one Premium Saver Account in joint names with another person.
- You can open your account online, in branch or by telephone banking. To open an account online or by phone, you will need to be a registered user of these services.
- No minimum deposit is required to open the account; you do not need to pay money in on a regular basis; and there is no maximum balance limit.
- However, to earn the bonus rate of interest in each monthly bonus period, your account balance must be between £25,000 – £1,000,000 and you must not make any withdrawals in that month.
Can I withdraw or transfer money?
Yes, Premium Saver is an instant access savings account which means that you can withdraw, transfer or access your money at any time. However, if you make one or more withdrawals, you will not earn bonus interest on any applicable balance for that calendar month.
You can withdraw or transfer money:
There are daily limits on the amount you can transfer from your account online, by telephone or mobile banking. You can find out the current daily limits on this website, by contacting telephone banking or asking in branch.
AER: Stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. It shows you what the rate would be if the interest was paid and compounded each year.
Gross Rate: This means the interest rate you are paid without deduction of income tax.
p.a.: Per annum (per year).
Ready to apply?
Before you apply, we've outlined the eligibility requirements for the account below, along with our terms and conditions to make sure it's the right account for you. If you're happy, we'll run through a few quick questions to make your application as easy as possible.
You can apply for a Premium Saver account if you are:
- aged 16+, and
- resident in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Gibraltar (you must be an existing customer with us if you are resident in Gibraltar), and
- an existing NatWest International current account holder