Build your savings with our regular savings account
Why choose Savings Builder?
- Great interest rates when you grow your savings by at least £50 per month
- No minimum deposit to open your account
- Instant access to your savings whenever you need them
- Exclusively available to our current account customers
In detail: Savings Builder
What's the interest rate?
Can NatWest International change the interest rate?
How much interest could I earn?
£50 deposited every month: regular saving condition is met
£25 deposited every month: regular saving condition is not met
How do I open and manage my account?
- You must be aged 16 years or over to open an account.
- You must already have a current account with us, or apply for a current account with us at the same time as opening your Savings Builder account.
- You can only have one Savings Builder account in your sole name and only one Savings Builder account in joint names with another person.
- You can open your account online, in branch or by telephone banking. To open an account online or by phone, you will need to be a registered user of these services.
- No minimum deposit is needed to open the account; and there is no maximum balance limit.
- Each month your balance must grow by at least £50 to earn interest. If your balance grows by less than £50 in any month, you will not earn interest.
- Money can be managed online, via the mobile app, by telephone or in branch. You can also pay money into your account at one of our cash deposit machines.
Can I withdraw or transfer money?
Yes, Savings Builder is an instant access savings account means that you can withdraw or transfer your money at any time without giving notice.
You can withdraw or transfer money:
There are daily limits on the amount you can transfer from your account online, by telephone or mobile banking. You can find out the current daily limits on this website, by contacting telephone banking or asking in branch.
However, if your withdrawal means that your overall balance has not increased by £50 on your previous balance amount recorded on the second-last business day of the previous month, you will not earn interest for that month.
AER: Stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. It shows you what the rate would be if the interest was paid and compounded each year.
Gross Rate: This means the interest rate you are paid without deduction of income tax.
p.a.: Per annum (per year).
Ready to apply?
Before you apply, we've outlined the eligibility requirements for the account below, along with our terms and conditions to make sure it's the right account for you. If you're happy, we'll run through a few quick questions to make your application as easy as possible.
You can apply for a Savings Builder account if you are:
- aged 16+, and
- resident in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Gibraltar (you must be an existing customer with us if you are resident in Gibraltar), and
- an existing NatWest International current account holder