Plan ahead with fixed rates over a fixed term
Why choose Fixed Term Savings?
- Know in advance how much your savings will earn, helping you save for the future
- Choose a fixed term that suits you - either 3, 6, 9 or 12 months
- Start saving with balances from £5,000
Cash Management Account
When you apply for a Fixed Term Savings account you must already hold a Cash Management account or we’ll open one during your application so that we can pay any interest you’ve earned, along with you deposit, when the saving term comes to an end.
We may need to confirm your identity and/or proof of your residential address when opening your Cash Management account.
In detail: Fixed Term Savings
What’s the interest rate?
Can NatWest International change the interest rate?
No. The interest rate is fixed for the term of your deposit. This means that the rate will not change between the Fixed Term Deposit Start Date and the Fixed Term Deposit Maturity Date.
How much interest could I earn?
How do I open and manage my account?
- You must be aged 16 years or over to open an account
- The minimum deposit is £5,000 or the currency equivalent (where a currency option is available)
- You must already hold a Cash Management account or we will open one during your application for a Fixed term account
- Accounts can be opened in branch or by telephone banking.
- You can not add or withdraw money from your fixed rate savings account after the Start Date.
- A deposit certificate will be sent to you within 14 working days confirming the details of your deposit.
- You’ll need to open a Cash Management account for the payment of interest and to manage your Fixed Term Deposit.
- On the Maturity Date, your deposit and any interest earned will be paid into your Cash Management account.
- After the Maturity Date, if you no longer need the Cash Management account linked to your Fixed Term Deposit, please advise us in writing to close the account.
Can I withdraw or transfer money?
You can withdraw or transfer money from your Cash Management account:
There are daily limits on the amount you can transfer from your account online, by telephone or mobile banking. You can find out the current daily limits on this website, by contacting telephone banking or asking in branch.
AER: Stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. It shows you what the rate would be if the interest was paid and compounded each year.
Gross Rate: This means the interest rate you are paid without deduction of income tax.
p.a.: Per annum (per year).
Ready to apply
Chat to Cora
If you are registered for our mobile app or online banking, you can log in and ask Cora to help you apply for a Fixed Term Deposit.
Just type "Fixed Term Deposit" into Cora.
Over the phone
Call us to help you open a Fixed Term Deposit.
Lines are open Monday to Tuesday 9am - 5pm, Wednesday 10am - 5pm and Thursday to Friday 9am - 5pm (except public holidays).