Cookies on the NatWest International website Close

Privacy Statement: How we use cookies
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.

We use cookies to help provide you with the best possible online experience. By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. For more information on cookies and how we use them, please visit our website.

Navigation menu

How to complain

We do everything we can to make sure our customers get the best possible service. However, sometimes, we don't get things right.

If that happens, we always encourage you to tell us, so that we can put it right.

We want to:

  • make it easy for you to tell us when things go wrong
  • give your complaint the attention it deserves
  • resolve your complaint without delay
  • make sure you are satisfied with how your complaint was resolved

How and where to complain

In person Visit any of our branches and speak to one of our staff. Use our Branch Locator to find your nearest branch.
In writing Address your letter to your Relationship Manager or the Manager of your local branch.
By telephone

Use your usual number for contacting the Bank.

  • Jersey: 01534 282828
  • Guernsey: 01481 703800
  • Isle of Man: 01624 697900
  • Gibraltar: 00 350 20077737

Lines open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm GMT except public holidays.

Online Complete our online form. Please note that additional personal information should not be included in this message for security reasons. We will respond by telephone or letter for the same reason.

You can save or print a copy of our complaints procedure guide for future reference.

How long will it take?

We treat complaints as a priority and will always aim to resolve as soon as possible. In most cases, complaints can be resolved within two weeks, however more complex complaints may take longer. We will always keep you up to date until your complaint has been resolved.

What if we can't reach an agreement?

If together we can not reach agreement on a satisfactory resolution of your complaint, we will send you a 'final response letter'. This will clearly outline our position with regard to your complaint. If a Financial Ombudsman Scheme exists in your jurisdiction, the final response letter will advise you how to contact them.

Financial Ombudsman schemes

Ombudsman schemes exist in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. The Ombudsman acts independently of the Bank and provides a free service as an impartial adjudicator.

Isle of Man

The Ombudsman can deal with complaints about most types of banking business.

However, you must be a private individual. There are certain types of complaint the Ombudsman cannot deal with, including the following:

  • a mistake that has not caused financial loss, material inconvenience or material distress
  • matters that have been (or are being) dealt with by a court
  • the way the banking system operates
  • the way in which the Bank used its commercial judgement: for example, whether or not to give someone an account, a loan or a credit card - and the terms applied unless there was a maladministration. (Maladministration includes material mistake, undue delay, improper discrimination or failure to follow proper procedures)
  • fees or interest that are charged properly under the terms of the account

If you wish to ask the Ombudsman to review your complaint the address to write to is:

The Financial Ombudsman Scheme
Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading
Thie Slieau Whallian
Foxdale Road
St Johns
Isle of Man

You can also review the Isle of Man regulator's website

Channel Islands

You must contact CIFO about your complaint within six (6) months of the date of this letter or CIFO may not be able to review your complaint. You must also contact CIFO within 6 years of the event complained about or (if later) 2 years of when you could reasonably have been expected to become aware that you had a reason to complain.

You can contact CIFO at:

Channel Islands Financial Ombudsman (CIFO)
P O Box 114
Jersey, Channel Islands

Email: Website:

Jersey phone number: 01534 748610, Guernsey phone number: 01481 722218

Financial Services Commissions

You can also review the regulator's website, for the jurisdiction where your account is held:


If your complaint is about borrowing from the Bank, and the facility is regulated under the Financial Services (Consumer Credit) Act 2011 ("Act"), you have the right to ask the Chief Executive Officer ("CEO") of the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission to arbitrate between us. The CEO is the Director for the purposes of the Act.

Under the Financial Services (EEA) (Payment Services) Regulations 2010, you may submit complaints to the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (FSC) where your complaint relates to an alleged infringement of the provisions of these Regulations by the Bank. You may write to the Gibraltar FSC at the following address: Financial Services Commission, PO Box 940, Suite 3, Ground Floor, Atlantic Suites, Europort Avenue, Gibraltar. Disputes concerning rights and obligations arising under the Regulations will be dealt with as if there were an Arbitration Agreement between us providing for the reference of disputes to an official referee for all the purposes of section 7 of the Arbitration Act.

If your complaint relates to the sale of any insurance product, you may contact The complaints authority, The Department of Consumer Affairs of the Government of Gibraltar, Ground Floor, 10 Governor's Lane, Gibraltar ( who are able to provide assistance to individuals who wish to complain about services or goods provided by insurance intermediaries in Gibraltar.

If your complaint relates to a mortgage, you may be entitled to request that the Gibraltar Office of Fair Trading conduct an independent review of your complaint. Details of how to refer a complaint to the Gibraltar Office of Fair Trading are available on their

Where you are resident in another EEA state (other than Gibraltar), you may be able to take your complaint to FIN-NET (The Financial Dispute Resolution Network of National Out-of-Court Complaint Schemes) in the EEA which is responsible for handling disputes between consumers and financial services providers (