Setting up Google Pay
Google Pay is a trademark of Google LLC. Supported devices only. Visit the Google Support website for the list of minimum requirements for Google Pay
What is Google Pay?
Google Pay is a fast, simple and secure way to make secure, contactless payments with Android devices instore or online.
With Google Pay, you can pay for goods in shops that accept contactless payments just by unlocking your phone and holding it near the terminal. When you pay in store, Google Pay doesn’t share your actual card number, so your information stays secure.
Use Google Pay wherever you see the contactless or Google Pay symbols.
Set up Google Pay using our app
If you have our mobile banking app, getting started with Google Pay is easy. All you need is your debit card, the Google Pay app and have a supported Android device.
- Log in to the mobile app, making sure you have the latest version downloaded
- On your device select the account your debit card is linked to, then ‘Manage my card & Google Pay’ > Tap the ‘Add to GPay’ button and follow the on-screen instructions
Once complete, your card will be available within your Google Pay app.
App available to customers aged 11+ with compatible iOS and Android devices and a Channel Islands, Isle of Man, UK or international mobile number in specific countries.
Set up with Google Pay app
To set up Google Pay, you need to add your eligible cards to the Google Pay app on your Android device. You'll need your debit card, your phone and the Google Pay app.
- Open the Google Pay app on your device which you might need to download from the Google Play Store
- Select '+' to add your card and billing address details
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- Follow the on-screen instructions to verify your card
- Once your card is verified, you are ready to use Google Pay
If you want to add multiple cards in Google Pay, you will need to add each one separately.
For more information, visit the Google Support website.