Notice Deposit account
To apply you must be 18+ and resident in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Gibraltar. Your business must be registered in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Gibraltar. You need to have a Cash Management account to apply for a Notice Deposit account. Minimum deposit 25,000 (per currency).
What is a Notice Deposit account?
A Notice Deposit allows you to earn higher returns on your funds without committing to a long term deposit.
- Choose from 35, 60 and 90 day notice periods
- Available for GBP, EUR and USD
- Minimum deposit 25,000 per currency
Interest is calculated daily and paid on the last business day of each quarter in March, June, September and December, or at account closure.
Notice Deposit interest rates
AER / Gross p.a. (variable)
AER / Gross p.a. (variable)
AER / Gross p.a. (variable)
- AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates the interest rates as if paid and compounded each year. It helps you to compare the effective rates of credit interest on different accounts.
- Gross Rate means the interest rate you are paid before the deduction of tax.
- Notice Deposit interest rate is the rate customers receive on their Notice Deposit during the life of the deposit.
- p.a. is per annum (per year).
- Step Down Rate is the rate received on withdrawal of funds.
How does our Notice Deposit work?
You can manage your deposit using eQ online banking, in branch, by telephone or in writing.
The deposit operates on a notice basis. Interest is paid at the applicable rate until a minimum 35, 60 or 90 days notice of withdrawal is instructed, depending on the relevant notice period.
Once notice has been provided, the amount withdrawn is placed on a Fixed Term Deposit.
The Fixed Term Deposit interest rate is calculated using the Notice Deposit Headline rate for 35 days along with the introduction of a fixed margin of -0.20%, known as the Step Down Rate. For 60 and 90 day Notice Deposit products, the prevailing Headline rate is used for the remainder of the notice period i.e.
- 35 Day Notice Deposit
The Step Down Rate applies for the full 35 day notice period
- 60 Day Notice Deposit
The Primary Notice Rate applies for 25 days of the notice period and the Step Down Rate applies for 35 days
- 90 Day Notice Deposit
The Primary Notice Rate applies for 55 days of the notice period and the Step Down Rate applies for 35 days
Upon maturity of the Fixed Term Deposit the balance plus any earned interest will be credited to your Cash Management account. If you don't have a Cash Management account, you'll need to open one when applying for a Notice Deposit.
Can the interest rate change?
Yes, the interest rates on Notice Deposits are variable and can change during the deposit period.
- If rates go down, we'll advise you of the change subject to the relevant notice period i.e. 35, 60 or 90 days.
- If rates go up, we’ll give you notice either before the change happens or as soon as possible afterwards.
Fixed Term Deposit interest rates do not change for the term of the deposit.
Can I withdraw money?
Yes, withdrawals are allowed however are subject to the relevant minimum withdrawal notice period i.e. 35, 60 or 90 days. Early withdrawals are not permitted.
The notice period is effective from the date of receipt of the instruction to withdraw. If we receive your instruction after 12pm or on a non-business day, notice will commence on the next working day.
Depending on the notice period, once notice of withdrawal is provided, funds will be available after 35, 60 or 90 days.
Is there a minimum and maximum deposit and withdrawal amount?
- There is a 25,000 (per currency) minimum deposit requirement to open and maintain a Notice Deposit account.
- There is a £250 million (or currency equivalent) maximum deposit per customer.
- The minimum deposit and withdrawal amount is 25,000 (per currency) however this is not applicable to online transactions made through eQ.
Ready to apply?
Before you apply, we've outlined the eligibility for the account below, along with our terms and conditions so you can make sure it's the right account for you.
You can apply for an account if you are:
- aged 18+ and resident in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Gibraltar, and;
- your business is registered in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Gibraltar
If you don't have a Cash Management account, you'll need to open one when applying for a Notice Deposit.
Please review our important information
Depositor Compensation Schemes
Under the scheme(s) customers are entitled to make only one claim per licensed entity regardless of the number of brands or trading names contained within that licensed entity and customers are entitled to make one claim only per licensed entity in the jurisdiction where the deposits are held.
As NatWest International brand is operated by RBS International it is not licensed in its own right a person with a deposit in NatWest International and a deposit in RBS International would thus only be entitled to make one claim.
Contact us to apply
Existing business customer?
If you're an existing business customer please contact your Relationship Manager on their dedicated telephone number.
Alternatively, call into your local branch where we can put you in touch with your Relationship Manager.
New to NatWest International?
Jersey: 01534 282961
Guernsey: 01481 703845
Isle of Man: 01624 697741
Gibraltar: 00350 200 14400
Lines are open Monday to Tuesday 9:30am - 4:30pm, Wednesday 10:00am - 4:30pm and Thursday to Friday 9:30am - 4:30pm (except public holidays).
Calls may be recorded.