Grow your deposits with our regular savings account
To apply you must be aged 16 years or over, already hold a NatWest International current account and be resident in one of our listed countries.
Why choose an International Savings Builder account?
- Earn interest rates when you grow your savings by at least £50 per month
- No minimum deposit to open your account
- Instant access whenever you need your savings
- Exclusively available to our current account customers
In detail: International Savings Builder
What's the interest rate?
Can NatWest International change the interest rate?
Yes, the interest rate is variable. The rate may increase or decrease for any of the reasons set out in Term 10.3 of the Personal Banking Account Terms and Fees to account for the Bank of England's base rate changes or changes in the rates paid by other banks. If the rates are going down we'll give you at least 60 days' notice. If they are going up, we'll inform you before the change or shortly afterwards. Term 10.4 of the Personal Banking Account Terms and Fees contain details of the notice we'll give you.
How much interest could I earn?
£50 deposited every month: regular saving condition is met
£25 deposited every month: regular saving condition is not met
Can I withdraw or transfer money?
Yes, International Savings Builder is an instant access savings account means that you can withdraw or transfer your money at any time without giving notice.
You can withdraw or transfer money:
- via telephone banking
- or the mobile app
There are daily limits on the amount you can transfer from your account online, by telephone or mobile banking. You can find out the current daily limits by contacting telephone banking or asking in branch. Charges vary depending on the amount and currency and how the payment is initiated. Please refer to our Personal Banking Account Terms and Fees Brochure for more detail.
However, if your withdrawal means that your overall balance has not increased by £50 on your previous balance amount recorded on the second-last business day of the previous month, you will not earn interest for that month.
Annual Equivalent Rate (AER): This is a notional rate used for interest bearing accounts, which illustrates the interest rate if paid and compounded each year. It helps you to compare the effective rates of credit interest on different accounts.
Gross Rate: The interest rate you are paid without the deduction of income tax.
p.a.: Per annum (per year).
Start Date: is the date on which your money is fixed.
Maturity Date: is the date on which your Deposit matures.
Ready to apply?
Before you apply, we've outlined the eligibility requirements for the account below, along with our terms and conditions to make sure it's the right account for you.
How do I open and manage my account?
- You must be aged 16 years or over to open an account.
- You must already have a current account with us, or apply for a current account with us at the same time as opening your International Savings Builder account.
- You can only have one International Savings Builder account in your sole name and only one International Savings Builder account in joint names with another person.
- You can open your account by contacting us.
- No minimum deposit is needed to open the account; and there is no maximum balance limit.
- Each month your balance must grow by at least £50 to earn interest. If your balance grows by less than £50 in any month, you will not earn interest.
- Money can be managed online, via the app, or by telephone banking.
Our International Banking service can help customers who are resident in the following countries:
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
Please note that not all of our products and services are available in all jurisdictions and some are available on a limited basis only due to local regulatory and legal requirements. Contact us to find out more.
Contact us to apply
If you'd like to apply please contact us on +44 1534 282167.
Our lines are open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm GMT, except bank holidays.