To apply you must be aged 16 years or over, already hold a NatWest International current account and be resident in one of our listed countries.
Why choose an Premium Saver account?
- Earn bonus interest on balances between £25,000 - £1 million when you make no withdrawals
- Instant access to your savings when you need them
- Exclusively available to our current account customers
In detail: Premium Saver
What's the interest rate?
With Bonus Interest: no withdrawals are made in a month
Without Bonus Interest: one or more withdrawals are made in a month
How much interest could I earn?
Estimated balance after 12 months, based on a range of deposits
No withdrawals made in any month: bonus condition is met
Can NatWest International change the interest rate?
Yes, the interest rate is variable. The rate may increase or decrease for any of the reasons set out in Term 10.3 of the Personal Banking Account Terms and Fees to account for the Bank of England's base rate changes or changes in the rates paid by other banks. If the rates are going down we'll give you at least 60 days' notice. If they are going up, we'll inform you before the change or shortly afterwards. Term 10.4 of the Personal Banking Account Terms and Fees contains details of the notice we'll give you.
What's the interest rate?
One withdrawal of £50 made each month: bonus condition is not met for the whole year
Can I withdraw or transfer money?
Yes, Premium Saver is an instant access savings account which means that you can withdraw, transfer or access your money at any time. However, if you make one or more withdrawals, you will not earn bonus interest on any applicable balance for that calendar month.
You can withdraw or transfer money:
- via telephone banking
- or the mobile app
There are daily limits on the amount you can transfer from your account online, by telephone or mobile banking. You can find out the current daily limits by contacting us.
Charges vary depending on the amount and currency and how the payment is initiated. Please refer to our Personal Banking Account Terms and Fees Brochure for more detail.
Annual Equivalent Rate (AER): This is a notional rate used for interest bearing accounts, which illustrates the interest rate if paid and compounded each year. It helps you to compare the effective rates of credit interest on different accounts.
Gross Rate: The interest rate you are paid without the deduction of income tax.
p.a.: Per annum (per year).
Start Date: is the date on which your money is fixed.
Maturity Date: is the date on which your Deposit matures.
Ready to apply?
Before you apply, we've outlined the eligibility requirements for the account below, along with our terms and conditions to make sure it's the right account for you. If you're happy, we'll run through a few quick questions to make your application as easy as possible.
How do I open and manage my account?
- You must be aged 16 years or over, and have a current account with us (or apply for one at the same time as opening your savings account), to open a Premium Saver account.
- You can only have one Premium Saver Account in your sole name, and only one Premium Saver Account in joint names with another person.
- You can open your account by contacting us.
- No minimum deposit is required to open the account; you do not need to pay money in on a regular basis; and there is no maximum balance limit.
- However, to earn the bonus rate of interest in each monthly bonus period, your account balance must be between £25,000 – £1,000,000 and you must not make any withdrawals in that month.
Our International Banking service can help customers who are resident in the following countries:
Austria, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Canada, China, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Norway, Oman, Qatar, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America
Please note that not all of our products and services are available in all jurisdictions and some are available on a limited basis only due to local regulatory and legal requirements. Contact us to find out more.