Protection if you have an accident involving your car where you are not to blame. This is included at no additional cost.
Uninsured loss recovery detail
If you have an accident involving your car where you are not to blame:
- We’ll provide up to £100,000 of legal costs to help you to claim, where no other insurance policy will cover your losses, as long as there is a better than 50% chance that your claim will succeed.
- Examples of what you may claim for include compensation for personal injury, loss of earnings and accident repair costs if you don’t have comprehensive cover.
How does it work?
If we accept your claim, a solicitor will be appointed to act for you, and they will handle all aspects of your claim such as:
- Evaluating what you can claim for and the chance that your claim will succeed.
- Locating specialists such as a medical expert or counsel. The specialist charges will be met by this Motor Legal Protection policy.
- Negotiating with the person responsible and their insurers.
- Starting legal proceedings if necessary.
The appointed solicitor is regulated by the Law Society which, in addition to the high standards of service you would expect from NatWest, ensures that you receive a professional legal service.