An extra layer of security for online spending
Concerned about using your cards online? Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure Code protect your card twice, with a personal message and your own secret password.
How it works - four simple steps
- Shop online as usual and visit the checkout
- Enter your card details
- If the website uses Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode, you may see a personal message telling you that the bank or organisation that issued your card is asking for your password.
- Enter your password and click 'submit' - your identity is confirmed
Be Card Smart Online
APACS, the UK Payments Association, recommend you follow this simple advice when shopping online:
- Keep your PC protected - you should use the latest browser and up to date anti-virus software
- Look for the padlock - a padlock symbol displayed in your browser window means your information will be handled securely
- Register your cards with Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode
- Always log out after shopping online and remember to save the purchase confirmation email
For more information on safe online shopping, visit the Be Card Smart Online website.