We are improving our branches to make access easier for everyone. For example, we are improving lighting levels and fitting handrails to steps.
Where possible all of our new and refurbished branches have been designed with the following features:
- A permanent or temporary ramp
- Automatic or power assisted doors
- Audio Induction loops installed on some counter positions and a portable induction loop that can be used during meetings and interviews
- Interview rooms at ground level with access suitable for wheelchair users
- Counter positions at lower levels for customers who use wheelchairs and, in branches where this isn't possible, a writing table at a lower level
- Layout and signage designed with suitable colour contrast to assist our partially sighted customers
Using cash machines
All of our cash machines have audible tone prompts after each key depression.
The keyboards on our new cash machines also have the following features:
- Raised dot on the number 5
- Coloured keys for 'entry' and 'error'
- A depression in the middle of the keys making the keys easier to press
Where possible, our newer cash machines have been installed at a height suitable for wheelchair access.
A guide to using our cash machines is available in Braille, large print or on audiotape.
Customers with visual impairments
- Statements and general correspondence produced in Braille, large print or on audiotape
- Brochures produced in Braille, large print or on audiotape
- PIN numbers provided in Braille